WHY I DREAD WHEN STRANGERS (OR ANY PERSON IN GENERAL) ASK “WANT ME TO TAKE YOUR PHOTO?”
- I have an expensive camera / phone. What if you drop it? What if you steal it?
- I prepared with a proper lens. It’s wide. We both fit in the view. You will walk twelve feet away and we’ll be super tiny.
- If I don’t like what I take, I’ll take another. If I don’t like what you take, I feel obligated to “be done” with the photo until you’re out of sight.
- We probably won’t feel inclined to make ridiculous, goofy faces.
WHY I DON’T MIND WHEN STRANGERS (OR ANY PERSON IN GENERAL) ASK “WANT ME TO TAKE YOUR PHOTO?”
- I will have a rare full body shot of us.
- I won’t have to put down my drink.
- We’ll get a photo of “the bigger picture.”
- Likely, it’s more flattering.
Just go with the flow. Accept the kindness of others. It makes their hearts warm, and there’s nothing wrong with contributing to that.